Friday, July 23, 2021

Malaysians Donate Over RM715k To Syed Saddiq’s Legal Costs Fund In Just 24 Hours

This post first appeared on WORLD OF BUZZ.

syed saddiq crowdfund

The Member of Parliament (MP) for Muar, Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman has recently engaged with netizens online to defend himself following his two alleged counts of misappropriating funds in 2018.

Slapped with a RM330,000.00 bail by the Kuala Lumpur Sessions Court on Wednesday, Syed Saddiq revealed yesterday via Twitter that the donation total has doubled the bail amount set, at a total of RM715,573.77.

1 SS 001

Taking to Twitter, Syed Saddiq writes, “I owe my life to Malaysia.”

“Within 24 hours, 9,836 individuals have donated. Thank you. I am forever indebted. 

“I will never stop until we succeed to build a Malaysia for all Malaysians.”

In his thread, Syed Saddiq als shared a story of how one uncle wanted to help by donating RM100.

1 SS 002

“Yesterday afternoon a Pakcik came by to the office. I thought he wanted to ask for assistance, instead all he wanted to do was donate RM100 to me.”

“I felt like crying. In moments like this, I am reminded why I joined politics. It was never about the position or money, but to build a Malaysia that is developed and dignified.”

1 SS 003

“The more they push me, the more I will fight.”

“No threats. No intimidation. No offers will weaken my resolve to put Malaysia first.”

“I am here because of the people. My rise and fall will be in the hands of the people.”

Let’s hope that the donations given by Malaysians from all walks of life will breath new hope in Syed Saddiq’s fight against the allegations made.

 

Also read: “The truth is all I want” Syed Saddiq Tells All & Responds To Allegations Made In Court

1 SS 004

 

Source: Twitter
Source: Twitter
Source: Twitter

This post first appeared on WORLD OF BUZZ.


No comments:

Post a Comment