Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Forever 21 Claims Shirt Says “I’m The Best In The World”, But It Actually Means “I Don’t Care”

The post Forever 21 Claims Shirt Says “I’m The Best In The World”, But It Actually Means “I Don’t Care” appeared first on WORLD OF BUZZ.

Many of us have seen posts of netizens who thought getting tattoos in a foreign language would look ‘cool’. However, many only find out later on that it means something completely different as they are not familiar with the language’s characters and symbols.

In today’s episode of translations gone horribly wrong, Forever 21 made the same mistake by selling a baseball shirt that reads “I don’t care” in Chinese characters. However, they claim on their online store site that the shirt reads “I Am The Best In The World.”

Here’s what they said in the description: 

“This woven shirt has embroidered front Chinese graphic text that reads, “I Am The Best In The World”, V-neckline, and short sleeves with varsity-striped trim.”

Oh my… 

Thankfully, some customers who have purchased the baseball shirt left reviews to keep the rest informed that the Mandarin characters read “I don’t care”.

I guess the next time you plan to get a tattoo done or even buy a shirt with a foreign language written on it, it would be best to double-check and verify what it actually means. 

What are your thoughts on this story? Let us know in the comment section!

 

Also Read: “Syarifah to Starfish” Woman’s Name Gets Autocorrected & Saved on MySejahtera Without Her Even Knowing!

Source: Forever 21
Source: Forever 21
Source: Forever 21

The post Forever 21 Claims Shirt Says “I’m The Best In The World”, But It Actually Means “I Don’t Care” appeared first on WORLD OF BUZZ.


No comments:

Post a Comment