Sunday, July 11, 2021

“Mantap, Mantap!” Irish Soldier Thanks Malaysian Chef in Lebanon For Her Nasi Lemak

This post first appeared on WORLD OF BUZZ.

For people serving in the military, being far away from their family in a foreign land is an opportunity for them to share local traditions with the international community.

Recalling her experience serving in Lebanon, Hasma Hassan took to Facebook, sharing her experience cooking Nasi Lemak and getting rave reviews from her friends.

Nasi Lemak 001

“I want to share my experience cooking while on duty in Lebanon. This Orang Putih (white person) commended me for my Nasi Lemak.”

“I made the Nasi Lemak complete with all the trimmings – beef rendang, fried chicken – my only peeve was that I did not have any pandan leaves.”

Here is the review she got.

“I’m trying some Malaysian food, I am introduced to the different flavours and spices Malaysia has to offer.”

“However because of the language barrier, it is hard to pronounce them correctly. Here, you can see eggs, beef, chicken, cucumber… and rice.” 

“Rice is quite different, because it is cooked in coconut. Very tasty.”

“My evaluation of this food is mantap, mantap. Terima kasih Malaysia!

Someone must have taught him that.

For those who don’t know what mantap means, it simply translates to “nice” or “awesome”. It’s often used when someone wants to express an amazement toward something.

In her Facebook status, Hasma adds that it was an honour for her to cook Malaysian food and share what we have to offer to the world.

If you have experiences like this to share, slide into our DMs and who knows, you might just be featured in our next story.

 

Source: “He Always Sembang Kari”, M’sians Flood Austrian Minister’s FB To ‘Warn’ Her About Azmin Ali

Nasi Lemak 002

Source: Facebook

This post first appeared on WORLD OF BUZZ.


No comments:

Post a Comment