Tuesday, August 31, 2021

“My chances of survival are slim” M’sian Uncle With Covid-19 Pleads For Help To Care For His 59 Furkids

It is undeniable that the Covid-19 pandemic has burdened many people. But those infected with the virus have extra burdens especially when they have lives depending on them.

Recently, a Malaysian uncle, who has rescued dogs off the streets for the past 8 years has taken to his social media to seek donations and help for his 59 dogs.

In a post dated 25 August, he revealed that he has been diagnosed with Covid-19 and is unsure if he is going to make it due to his age. He also pleads for his “kids”, referring to his furkids, not to be taken away if he is gone.

man with his dog

 

“I rescued these kids when I was a feeder, and when you feed stray dogs, you’ll see cases involving injured dogs or puppies where their mother was killed in accidents. We were chased out of the houses that we’ve stayed in previously.

5 years ago, the authorities came and took my kids away. Fortunately, business were good back then and I managed to bail out,” he said.

As he is working two different jobs, he hired a caretaker for his dogs, who recently also contracted the virus. He pays the caretaker a sum of RM1,500 monthly. The caretaker works from 9am till 7pm to clean the house, feed the dogs, and makes sure they don’t fight. He has never revealed his address to the public to avoid puppy dumping in his place, but following his diagnosis, he has informed his caretaker to do so should his condition worsen in the near future.

man with dogs

 

It costs him RM5,600 monthly for the dogs’ food alone. He also emphasizes how the dogs have always been his motivation to live all this while.

In another post dated 26 August, he thanks his old friends and the people who have helped him by giving him medicines, oxygen supplies, rental, and dog food. However, he goes on to say that his health is deteriorating and he’s not doing too well.

“I have to take Panadol continuously for my fever that doesn’t go away. I can’t eat anything because I vomit once I swallow, but I drink some herbal soup. I have chest pain too but it’s still bearable. I’m so happy to sit down and play with my kids,” he said.

dogs and oxygen tank

 

He plans to withdraw his money from his EPF account for as long as he can to stock up the food for his furkids. In the meantime, he also apologizes for not being able to reply to the messages that were sent to him as he is unsure of how to navigate through the Facebook messaging system.

In his latest post on 30 August, he says that he feels extremely fatigued.

“Cough and fever. KKM came and put a tag on me. I’ll only be admitted if critical as the admission is currently full. Thanks for the prayers. I hope the caretaker recovers and come back to work soon.”

While his address and contact number are still not disclosed, please refer to the details below if you wish to help this uncle and his furkids.

  • Account number: 8604609518
  • Bank: CIMB Bank Berhad
  • Name: Erlang’s Dog

We hope and pray this uncle recovers and his furkids are taken care of.

What do you think of this? Let us know in the comments below.

 

Also read: UPDATE (12 Aug) M’sian Who Lost Her Income Urgently Needs Your Help To Feed 21 Stray Dogs & Cats

My Post 2021 08 11T135415.900

Source: Facebook
Source: Facebook
Source: Facebook

This post first appeared on WORLD OF BUZZ.


No comments:

Post a Comment